I Recently Moved and Need To Renew My Registration

Find the answers you need to get your California Vehicle Registration faster.

I Recently Moved and Need To Renew My Registration

by NeedTags | 06-03-2022

We completely understand your concern. It's a very true fact that every year thousands of registration documents including pink slips, registration cards and stickers get lost in the mail, mainly they get delivered to old addresses and then returned to the post office. No need to worry. We'll mail your registration card and sticker to your new address. It's not a problem. When you use our renewal system, first enter your vehicle's information with the current zip code that it's registered in. This will pull the correct DMV registration fees due. Then on the page which asks for your mailing information, enter your new address. We allow you to request mailing to any U.S. address, and we ship there. It's simple, fast and secure.

Your very next step should be to file a Notice of Change of Address (DMV 14) with the DMV. This form can be found on our Download DMV Forms page. Once you've filled it out, mail it in to the DMV or drop it off at a local DMV office. This will officially change your address on file with the DMV.

Let's get started...
Officially Entrusted by the Department of Motor Vehicles
Officially Entrusted by the CA Department of Motor Vehicles
close X
 Get Instant DMV Registration

Retrieving DMV Records

Retrieving DMV Records
Please wait...