Download DMV Forms

You will find the most commonly used California registration and title transfer forms below.

Alphabetized List

Affidavit for Transfer Without Probate (REG 5)
Used to transfer title for a vehicle or vessel owned by a decedent. For California titled vehicles or vessels only.

Affidavit of Non-Use (REG 5090)
Used when cancelling auto insurance for a registered vehicle which will no longer be operated or parked on California roadways.

Application for Clean Air Vehicle Decals (REG 1000)
Use REG 1000 to request new or replacement clean air car stickers. Clean air car stickers are available to most hybrid vehicles.

Application for Disabled Person Parking Placard or Plates (REG 195)
REG 195 is required when applying for a disabled person card and/or license plates. The document requires signature from a medical professional.

Application for Duplicate or Paperless Title (REG 227)
A REG 227 is required when requesting duplicate or paperless California Certificate of Title, also known as a Pink Slip.

Application for Replacement Plates, Stickers, Documents (REG 156)
A REG 156 is required when requesting replacement registration stickers, license plates, and/or registration card.

Application for Salvage Certificate or NonRepairable Vehicle Certificate (REG 488C)
Used to record a vehicle as salvage or non-repairable. License plates must be turned into the DMV with this application.

Application for Temporary Smog Exemption (REG 5103)
Used to renew registration for a vehicle which requires a smog check but can not be administered one due to being temporarily located out of state.

Application for Title or Registration (REG 343)
A REG 343 is required for initial California registration and out of state vehicle title transfers.

Application for Vessel Certificate of Number (BOAT 101)
A BOAT 101 is required to register an undocumented vessel (motor or sail powered boat) in California.

Bill of Sale (REG 135)
Used to record transaction details when buying or selling a used vehicle. A bill of sale can also be personally drafted.

Certificate of Planned Non-Operation (REG 102)
A Certificate of Non-Operation, or Non-Op Certificate is required if you intend to no longer drive your vehicle.

Courtesy Stop Request (REG 500)
Use this form to prevent unauthorized transfer of your vehicle. Consult an attorney prior to filing this application.

Confidential Records Release (NT-1007)
Use this document to authorize the release of vehicle registration information to a requestor or authorized representative.

Lien Satisfied/Title Holder Release (REG 166)
A REG 166 can be used instead of a vehicle Certificate of Title to release ownership. The form is commonly used by lienholders.

Miscellaneous Certifications (REG 256A)
The REG 256A is used for in variety DMV transactions including Disabled Veteran Registration Exemption.

Notice of Change of Address (DMV 14)
A DMV 14 is used to change a vehicle owner or driver address on-file with the California DMV. PO Box is allowed for mailing only.

Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability (REG 138)
A REG 138 is used to release liability in vehicle after you've changed ownership.

Permanent Trailer Identification (PTI) Application (REG 4017)
A REG 4017 is used to transfer permantent trailer ownership, request duplicate trailer title, or add additional owner(s).

Power of Attorney (REG 260)
This form authorizes a person or entity to sign DMV documents on your behalf and act as your attorney-in-fact.

Statement of Construction (REG 5036)
Use a REG 5036 when applying to register a home-made, specially constructed, or kit vehicle.

Statement of Facts (REG 256)
The REG 256 is used for a variety DMV transactions including: smog exemption, use-tax exemption, and document correction.

Statement of Error or Erasure (REG 101)
The REG 101 is used to correct error(s) on a vehicle certificate of title during the title transfer process.

Verification of Vehicle (REG 31)
The REG 31 is used for out of state vehicle registration in CA, when reviving a junk vehicle and for general VIN verification matters.

Vehicle/Vessel Transfer and Reassignment Form (REG 262)
The REG 262 is required when performing a title transfer without an original title and for a vehicle model year 2011 and newer. It must be accompanied by a REG 227. The REG 262 is not available online because it is printed on security paper. NeedTags can supply you with this document, at no charge, if and when required. Active title transfer or duplicate title order required.

Let's get started...
Officially Entrusted by the Department of Motor Vehicles
Officially Entrusted by the CA Department of Motor Vehicles
close X
 Get Instant DMV Registration

Retrieving DMV Records

Retrieving DMV Records
Please wait...