DMV Address Updates
Fast, Secure, and Easy-To-Use Registration Renewal | Officially Entrusted by the CA DMV
Address Verification Documents
The list below provides the documents acceptable for DMV address verification. All documents must list the applicant's first and last name. An applicant may authorize NeedTags to update the vehicle registration address on DMV record(s) only for the vehicle(s) which they own. All verification documents must be accompanied by the applicant's drivers license or identification card, pursuant to Driver's Privacy Protection Act 18 U.S.C. 2721-2725.
You must provide the following:
- Copy of applicant drivers license or identification card.
AND at least one of these documents:
- Lease or rental agreement with the signature of the owner/landlord and the tenant/resident.
- Title or deed to residential real property.
- Mortgage bill.
- Home utility bills (including cellphone).
- School documents including any document issued by a U.S. education institution that includes the applicant's date of birth.
- Medical documents.
- Employment documents.
- Faith based documents that include the name and address of the issuing organization.
- Insurance documents, including medical, dental, vision, life, home, rental, and vehicle.
- Internal Revenue Service or California Franchise Tax Board tax return.
- California Certificate of Vehicle or Vessel Title or Registration.
- Change of Address Confirmation by the U.S. Postal Service (Form CNL 107).
- Any document issued by an entity, office, or authority governing over a country, state, county, city, municipality, district, agency, department, or any other political subdivision of a country or state that is typed and contains the agency name, department name, state seal, or is on official letterhead.
- Property tax bill or statement.
- Record of any state or national banks, state or federal savings associations, trust companies, industrial loan companies, state or federal credit unions, and any institution or entity that has issued a credit card.
- An acceptable No Fee Identification Card Eligibility Verification (DL 933) form.
- Voter registration confirmation letter or postcard issued by the California Secretary of State or a local California county elections officer.
- Proof of payment of resident tuition at a public institution of higher education.
- Court documents that list the applicant's first and last name.
NOTE: If performing this action on behalf of a company please provide typed authorization on an official company letterhead in conjunction with the requirements above.